Full-Time - Doha, Qatar
Blackpoint is searching for a Cyber Security Engineer to support our Managed Detection and Response (MDR) services at our office in Doha, Qatar. The Cyber Security Engineer will triage, investigate, and resolve real-time threats using Blackpoint’s proprietary cyber security platform, SNAP-Defense, as well as other integrated 3rd party security products as a Tier 2 resource.
- 5 years in an IT Industry Role, BS in Computer Science or degree in a Security program may be substituted for three (3) years of work experience. GSEC, CISSP, Security+, and/or CEH a plus.
- Detailed understanding of modern IT Infrastructure, networking and how it relates to cyber security incidents
- Windows Domain administration knowledge and techniques leveraged by hackers to exploit and laterally spread throughout Windows Domain environments.
- Working knowledge of log analysis and endpoint tools including: Endpoint detection and response (EDR), SIEM, Threat Hunting, MDR, IDS/IPS, or pen testing.
- Effectively triage security events. Create, apply, and change customer response playbooks while being an escalation resource to assist Analysts/Engineers
- Ability to administer Linux servers (Debian, Red Hat)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to present effectively in front of large groups, both technically and non-technically oriented
- Shift work – must be able to work normal and nontraditional working hours as needed
- Ability and willingness to work individually as well as with a team.
- Malware Analysis / Forensics
- IDS/IPS/Firewall deployment / architect
- Software development / Scripting (Python, Bash, Go, Java)
- Pen testing experience
- Red/Blue team exercise experience
- Risk Assessment
Blackpoint Cyber is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.