Full-Time - Remote/ Office Flexible
Ready to give some hackers hell? On the Blackpoint Cyber Team, we win the unfair fight while helping others protect what’s most important to them. Simply put, our team takes out the adversaries before they can even see us coming. Join us today and help put the bad guys in their place for good.
Blackpoint Cyber was built by former US Department of Defense and Intelligence security experts focused on stopping malicious tradecraft and safeguarding MSP operations. Our mission? Provide absolute and unified Managed Detection and Response services to organizations across the world.
On this team, we value high-quality execution, ownership, and strong morals. With us, principles are never tested, and we are proud to always do right by our customers. If you’re a driven professional with a passion for learning and contributing towards the best, then Blackpoint welcomes you. Our team is energetic and collaborative, maintaining a high-performance culture and enabling growth through overcoming challenges in the modern cyberthreat landscape.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a seasoned Front-End Engineer who is eager to help solve unique, large-scale, and highly complex technical problems in the cybersecurity industry. A successful candidate will be able to build pixel-perfect user experiences that leverage a cutting-edge technology stack. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside our Product and Engineering teams to build and maintain various features and solutions across our product ecosystem.
Who You Are
Blackpoint Cyber is looking for someone who:
- Is an innovator that remains up to date with, and is excited to be working with cutting edge and emerging technologies.
- Is pragmatic and iterative in building software. You can simplify and get things done quickly with a demonstrated track record of building and delivering high quality software.
- Performs well as a team player. You recognize the accomplishments of the team before the individual and actively foster an innovative and inclusive work environment.
- Shows a strong ability to work on an agile team of software engineers and product managers to build and maintain our ecosystem of cybersecurity tools.
- Can gather and break down requirements into engineering tasks, provide realistic development estimates, and provide updates on ongoing progress towards those deliverables.
- Enjoys solving problems, designing, and delivering engaging user experiences. The ideal candidate will show a passion for user interface and have a natural sense of usability and design in consumer applications.
What You’ll Bring
- 4+ years of experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience in communicating with users, technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience building dashboards, themes, and reusable components, knowledge of application theming (dark/light theming), and MaterialUI for React are assets.
- Experience or knowledge with GraphQL and REST API.
- Familiarity with cloud computing services (e.g., AWS, Google, Azure)
- A strong understanding of modern HTML and CSS.
- Experience with D3, or other data visualization libraries.
- Experience building wireframes and mockups are an asset.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Implement user-centric features for business-critical web applications.
- Translate user stories and technical requirements into functional code.
- Implement re-usable front-end application components and microservices.
- Provide subject matter expertise and direction on front-end application architecture and UI design.
- Partner with other Engineers, UX Designers, Product Managers, and customers to refine and build complex products.
- Support fellow engineers through feedback, code reviews, and advancement of internal tools and processes.
- Coordinate with Back-End Engineers on web services design.
- Follow software-engineering best practices in usability, code quality, test coverage, source control, and CI/CD.
- Help build and deliver business solutions to our customers that support the streamlining and automation of various pieces in the Blackpoint Cyber ecosystem.
To apply, please prepare a resume and cover letter showcasing your skillset with our requirements in mind. For more information about Blackpoint Cyber, visit our website at www.blackpointcyber.com.
Blackpoint Cyber welcomes and encourages applications from qualified individuals of all races, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Blackpoint’s Response to COVID-19
We take a very proactive response to COVID-19 with all staff working remotely from home. Hygiene protocols are in place throughout the building and office if there is a need to visit. Our company’s systems and processes are set in such a manner that there should be no limitations to your productivity when working from home. We are in constant communication globally. During these challenging times, Blackpoint Cyber takes the opportunity to envision a new way of working together while continuing to collaborate meaningfully with those whom we serve and defend.