JR. MDR ANALYST
Part-Time - Ellicott City, MD
Ready to give some hackers hell? On the Blackpoint Cyber Team, we win the unfair fight while helping others protect what’s most important to them. Simply put, our team takes out the adversaries before they see us coming. Join us today and help put the bad guys in their place for good.
Blackpoint Cyber was built by former US Department of Defense and Intelligence security experts focused on stopping malicious tradecraft and safeguarding MSP operations. Our mission? Provide absolute and unified Managed Detection and Response services to organizations across the world.
On this team, we value high-quality execution, ownership, and strong morals. With us, principles are never tested, and we are proud to always do right by our customers. If you’re a driven professional with a passion for learning and contributing towards the best, then Blackpoint welcomes you. Our team is energetic and collaborative, maintaining a high-performance culture and enabling growth through overcoming challenges in the modern cyberthreat landscape.
What You’ll Do
Blackpoint is searching for a Jr. MDR Analyst to support our 24×7 Managed Detection and Response (MDR) services in Ellicott City, MD. The position requires the ability to organize and lead proactive threat hunts to detect and analyze anomalies using Blackpoint’s proprietary cyber security platform, SNAP-Defense, as well as other security products within the company infrastructure. Analyst will also integrate engineered solutions, implement security controls, and collaborate on IT requirements across multiple divisions within the company.
What You’ll Bring
- Two (2) years of education in a computer or cyber security field. Progressive relevant training and/or certification may be substituted for one (1) year of the education requirement
- Shift work – must be able to work normal and non-traditional working hours
- Knowledge foundation in the following areas:
- Malware Tactics
- Pen-testing concepts
- TCP/IP networking and traffic analysis
- Intrusion Detection/Prevent System (IDS/IPS)
- Endpoint Solutions (Anti-Virus – A/V, Endpoint Detection and Response – EDR)
- Windows Domains
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills with the ability to deconstruct issues (hunting anomalous pattern detection)
- Excellent communication skills to effectively summarize and present findings
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- SOC Experience (Intern, Full Time, Part Time)
- Network/Windows administration and/or engineering experience
- Scripting capabilities (Python, Bash, Java)
- Software development
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system events in a 24×7 Security Operation Center (SOC) environment.
- Follow Security Playbooks to triage and escalate security alerts
- Collaborate with Level 2+ Analysts to research and investigate emerging cyber security threats
- Have an investigative and curious mindset when approaching security events
- Recommend modification to security tools to detect, prevent, and mitigate intrusions
To apply, please prepare a resume and cover letter showcasing your skillset with our requirements in mind. For more information about Blackpoint Cyber, visit our website at www.blackpointcyber.com.
Blackpoint Cyber welcomes and encourages applications from qualified individuals of all races, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Blackpoint’s Response to COVID-19
We take a very proactive response to COVID-19 with all staff working remotely from home. Hygiene protocols are in place throughout the building and office if there is a need to visit. Our company’s systems and processes are set in such a manner that there should be no limitations to your productivity when working from home. We are in constant communication globally. During these challenging times, Blackpoint Cyber takes the opportunity to envision a new way of working together while continuing to collaborate meaningfully with those whom we serve and defend.