Marketing content specialist
Full-Time - Remote/Office Flexible
Ready to give some hackers hell? On the Blackpoint Cyber Team, we win the unfair fight while helping others protect what’s most important to them. Simply put, our team takes out the adversaries before they can even see us coming. Join us today and help put the bad guys in their place for good.
Blackpoint Cyber was built by former US Department of Defense and Intelligence security experts focused on stopping malicious tradecraft and safeguarding MSP operations. Our mission? Provide absolute and unified Managed Detection and Response services to organizations across the world.
On this team, we value high-quality execution, ownership, and strong morals. With us, principles are never tested, and we are proud to always do right by our customers. If you’re a driven professional with a passion for learning and contributing toward the best, then Blackpoint welcomes you. Our team is energetic and collaborative, maintaining a high-performance culture and enabling growth through overcoming challenges in the modern cyberthreat landscape.
What You’ll Do
As a Marketing Content Specialist, you will support our content strategy by developing high-impact communications and assets that bring value to our target markets and align with Blackpoint Cyber’s brand, image, and story. Keeping our audience in mind, you will define and develop content for new launches/releases, campaigns, social media, presentations, blog posts, advertisements, webpages, and webinars. To be successful in this role, you will have impeccable written and verbal communication skills and be able to collaborate with subject matter experts in a fast-paced workspace.
Who You Are
Blackpoint Cyber is looking for someone who:
- Has a passion for connecting with their audience and pride in their work and team.
- Is an open communicator and self-starter with a proactive, can-do attitude.
- Shows a strong ability to listen, learn, and grow through feedback and collaboration.
- Naturally takes responsibility for their work and gets tasks across the finish line.
- Feels comfortable managing their workday to meet tight and changing deadlines.
What You’ll Bring
- 3-5 years of B2B marketing content experience, preferably for technology companies. Experience working in the SaaS industry or having a background in the MSP channel or cybersecurity is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English, or the equivalent in a related program of study (e.g. Technical Writing, Copywriting).
- Proven experience developing engaging content and demonstrated ability in giving a cohesive voice to technical concepts.
- Well-honed storytelling skills that translate across various formats and channels.
- Exceptional written communication skills, including grammar, spelling, sentence structure, and punctuation.
- Solid understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) marketing content methodologies.
- Experience in working with technical and/or complex subject matter.
- Technical competence using software programs and proficiency in Microsoft Office 365.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Produce high-quality content from concept to publication based on initiative-specific guidelines, including blog posts, web pages, eBooks, white-papers, slick sheets, emails, case studies, presentations, webinars, and social media posts.
- Contribute to an evolving and engaging content strategy that supports broader marketing efforts and both demand and lead generation initiatives.
- Develop communication to drive engagement for events, webinars, campaigns, and launches/releases.
- Optimize all produced content for search engine retrieval to maximize visibility and relevance of key search terms.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to understand our target audiences and develop tailored content for specific campaigns, events, and channels.
- Investigate emerging content, interactive and media trends, and industry best practices to provide recommendations for new content.
- Create emotional connections between our brand and our customers through powerful storytelling.
- Be a brand champion in messaging, voice, and tone across our team and company.
To apply, please prepare a resume, cover letter, and a recent collection of applicable work (such as a portfolio) showcasing your skillset with our requirements in mind. For more information about Blackpoint Cyber, visit our website at www.blackpointcyber.com.
Blackpoint Cyber welcomes and encourages applications from qualified individuals of all races, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Blackpoint’s Response to COVID-19
We take a very proactive response to COVID-19 with all staff working remotely from home. Hygiene protocols are in place throughout the building and office if there is a need to visit. Our company’s systems and processes are set in such a manner that there should be no limitations to your productivity when working from home. We are in constant communication globally. During these challenging times, Blackpoint Cyber takes the opportunity to envision a new way of working together while continuing to collaborate meaningfully with those whom we serve and defend.