POWERBI business analyst
Full-Time - Remote/Office Flexible
Ready to give some hackers hell? On the Blackpoint Cyber Team, we win the unfair fight while helping others protect what’s most important to them. Simply put, our team takes out the adversaries before they can even see us coming. Join us today and help put the bad guys in their place for good.
Blackpoint Cyber was built by former US Department of Defense and Intelligence security experts focused on stopping malicious tradecraft and safeguarding MSP operations. Our mission? Provide absolute and unified Managed Detection and Response services to organizations across the world.
On this team, we value high-quality execution, ownership, and strong morals. With us, principles are never tested, and we are proud to always do right by our customers. If you’re a driven professional with a passion for learning and contributing towards the best, then Blackpoint welcomes you. Our team is energetic and collaborative, maintaining a high-performance culture and enabling growth through overcoming challenges in the modern cyberthreat landscape.
What You’ll Do
As a PowerBI Analyst, you will play a key part in helping Blackpoint Cyber automate its full suite of business analytics covering all parts of operations including financials, sales, threat operations, and more. This role requires prospective candidates to be able to programmatically collect, process, and analyze complex data sets from multiple business platforms including accounting, CRM, licensing, and more. To be successful in this role, you will exercise strong decision-making skills enabled by data and raise awareness of continuous improvement concepts and tools to internal stakeholders.
Who You Are
Blackpoint Cyber is looking for someone who:
- Is a motivated, self-starter who understands the power of data analytics in connecting both process and technology.
- Can analyze large volumes of data and exercise excellent problem-solving skills.
- Has experience in developing, communicating, and implementing plans for defining requirements complete with timelines, approaches and deliverables.
- Is able to clearly articulate proposals for improvement using data and process models to clarify and validate requirements.
- Can provide support for various teams by contributing to a collaborative through the facilitation of information sharing.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, or a related program of study.
- Deep working knowledge of PowerBi, SQL.
- Ability to create custom PowerBI dashboards, collect data either via API or SQL queries, and code analytics to address business intelligence questions.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with PowerBI , SQL, and Python. Experience with R is an asset.
- Thorough understanding of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and SaaS business metrics.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Lead the development and productization of business analytic dashboards, including both executive-level and business unit-level views of key performance metrics.
- Work with Finance, Sales, Threat Operations, and the Executive team to define requirements and automate the collection/analysis of data to enable real-time business performance analytics.
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to unify business intelligence and enable data-driven decision making for the enterprise.
- Provide insight on KPIs and overall business performance by designing, deploying and maintaining various reports and dashboard in PowerBI.
- Understand the goals of each business unit and how data and analysis will contribute to the achievement of those goals.
To apply, please prepare a resume and cover letter. For more information about Blackpoint Cyber, visit our website at www.blackpointcyber.com.
Blackpoint Cyber welcomes and encourages applications from qualified individuals of all races, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
We thank everyone for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Blackpoint’s Response to COVID-19
We take a very proactive response to COVID-19 with all staff working remotely from home. Hygiene protocols are in place throughout the building and office if there is a need to visit. Our company’s systems and processes are set in such a manner that there should be no limitations to your productivity when working from home. We are in constant communication globally. During these challenging times, Blackpoint Cyber takes the opportunity to envision a new way of working together while continuing to collaborate meaningfully with those whom we serve and defend.