senior mdr analyst
Full-Time - Ellicott City, MD
Blackpoint is searching for a Senior MDR Analyst to support its 24/7 Managed Detection and Response (MDR) service in Ellicott City, MD. The position requires the ability to organize and lead proactive threat hunts to detect and analyze anomalies using Blackpoint’s proprietary cyber security platform, SNAP-Defense, as well as other security products within the company infrastructure. Analyst will also integrate engineered solutions, implement security controls, and collaborate on IT requirements across multiple divisions within the company.
- Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system events in a 24×7 Security Operation Center (SOC) environment.
- Conduct threat hunting operations that deliver anomalous activity and potential adversary Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTPs)
- Provide actionable threat and vulnerability analysis based on security events for many independent customer environments
- Collaborate with Level 2+ Analysts to research and investigate emerging cyber security threats
- Collaborate and become an escalation point of contact for Level 1 Analysts
- Recommend modification to security tools to detect, prevent, and mitigate intrusions
- One (1+) years of experience in a role that involves Information Security
- One (1+) years of experience with triaging security events related to malware, security log analysis (SIEM), Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Tools, and supporting the Incident Response (IR) process.
- Deep knowledge on assessing threat indicators in a Windows Environment (e.g. Malware/Malicious Anomalies/Abnormal network Activity/Root Level Compromise, Forensic Artifacts, etc.)
- Familiarity with ELK stack (Dashboards, Logstash Config, Searching)
- Scripting / Programming with Python, PowerShell, Go
- Experience in developing, refining, and performing advanced analysis to uncover new or potential incidents and report on results.
- An advanced understanding of current threats and trends present in the Information Security and Technology field.
- Ability to work shifts if required (night, weekends, and day shifts).
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills with the ability to deconstruct issues (hunting anomalous pattern detection)
- Excellent communication skills to effectively summarize and present findings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Certifications (GIAC Certifications, OSCP)
- Network/System Administration and/or Engineering
- Deep forensic knowledge of Mac OS and/or Linux
- Malware Analysis (Behavioral and/or Static analysis- IDA, Cuckoo Sandbox, x86/x64 Debugging)
- Pentesting/Red/Blue Team
- Software Development
Blackpoint Cyber is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse Community workforce. Blackpoint gives equal consideration to all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class