Jr. Security Operations
Center (SOC) Analyst
Full-Time - Ellicott City, MD
Blackpoint is searching for a Tier 1 Cyber Security Analyst to support our Managed Detection and Response (MDR) services in Ellicott City, MD. Analyst will triage, investigate, and resolve real-time threats using Blackpoint’s proprietary cyber security platform, SNAP-Defense, as well as other security products. When not managing real-time threats, analysts will help Blackpoint’s Threat Operations team research and investigate emerging cyber security threats.
- Two (2) years of education in a computer or cybersecurity field. Progressive relevant training and/or certification may be substituted for one (1) year of the education requirement.
- One (1) or more years of Windows domain infrastructure knowledge and/or management
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and traffic analysis
- Working knowledge of IDS/IPS system and Antivirus Endpoint Solutions
- Foundational knowledge of malware analysis/reverse engineering concepts
- Understanding of attacker methodology and penetration testing concepts
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to de-construct problems (hunting anomalous pattern detection)
- Communications skills to effectively summarize and present findings
- Shift work – must be able to work normal and nontraditional working hours
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Network administration experience
- Scripting capabilities (Python, Bash, Java)
- Software development
- Pen testing experience
- Red/Blue team exercise experience
Blackpoint Cyber is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.