Sr. Security Operations
Center (SOC) Analyst
Full-Time - Ellicott City, MD
Blackpoint is searching for a Senior Cyber Security Analyst to support our Managed Detection and Response (MDR) services in Ellicott City, MD. The position requires the ability to organizes and lead proactive hunts to detect and analyze anomalies using Blackpoint’s proprietary cyber security platform, SNAP-Defense, as well as other security products within the company infrastructure. Analyst will also integrate engineered solutions, implement security controls and collaborate on IT requirements across multiple divisions within the company.
- Analyze and evaluate anomalous network and system activity
- Conduct research operations in order to perform network security operations that deliver anomalous activity and potential adversary Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs)
- Regularly access security settings (vulnerability scanning?) controls and devise strategies for implementing Blackpoint Cyber Security program throughout the enterprise
- Collaborate with threat intelligence operations team to research and investigate emerging cyber security threats
- Coordinate with our customers IT departments/teams to remediate detected incidents, make recommendations for network hardening, mapping, configuration and other diagnostic considerations.
- Recommend modification to security tools to detect, prevent, and mitigate intrusions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience
- 3 years hands-on experience in the detection, response, mitigation, and/or reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks and one or more of the following:
- Computer intrusion analysis
- Intrusion detection
- Network defense
- Scripting capabilities (Python, Bash, Java) to automate tasks if needed
- Knowledge and understanding of network protocols, network devices, multiple operating systems, and secure architectures
- Experience with current cyber threats and the associated tactics, techniques, and procedures used to infiltrate computer networks
- Experience in developing, refining, and performing advanced analysis to uncover new or potential incidents and report on results.
- Deep knowledge on assessing threat indicators (e.g. Malware/Malicious Anomalies/Abnormal network Activity/Root Level Compromise, etc.).
- An advanced understanding of current threats and trends present in the Information Security and Technology field.
- Must be able to provide feedback on product use and development for future versions.
- Demonstrated ability to document processes.
- Ability to work shift as required (night, weekends, and day shifts).
- Strong understanding of attacker methodology and penetration testing concepts
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to de-construct problems (hunting anomalous pattern detection)
- Excellent Communications skills to effectively summarize and present findings
- Shift work – must be able to work normal and nontraditional working hours
- Network administration experience
- Malware Analysis experience (Behavioral and/or Static analysis-IDA Pro, Cuckoo)
- Software development
Blackpoint Cyber is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse Community workforce. Blackpoint gives equal consideration to all qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, marital status, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.