CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO)
Blackpoint Cyber is a provider of world-class cybersecurity threat hunting, detection, and response technology. Blackpoint was founded by former National Security Agency (NSA) cyber operations experts who applied their expertise to bring nation-state grade technologies to commercial customers around the world.
The company is in a high-growth phase following its recent Series B funding round and is rapidly expanding the operation in order to further accelerate growth.
Blackpoint seeks a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to oversee financial and business operations. This role will be the company’s second-in-command engaging actively with a prominent board of directors made up of blue chip business leaders and former high-ranking officials from the NSA, CIA, DHS, and National Security Council.
Blackpoint is based outside Baltimore, Maryland but provisions can be made for the right candidate who desires to work remotely. The CFO will be responsible for planning and forecasting to achieve strategic goals while ensuring the business has strong financial and management systems. This would include oversight of accounting, budgeting, auditing, internal controls, sound business practices, as well as directing staff to achieve these goals.
This role will maintain control of diverse business operations, which include operations across channel partnerships, several end user vertical segments and one international operation. This is a new role for Blackpoint – accounting operations are currently managed by a highly proficient Controller, who would report to this new role once hired.
The CFO position will receive a competitive salary and benefit package and be eligible to participate in the company’s equity incentive plan.
Who You Are
We’re looking for a results-driven CFO with experience at a growth stage enterprise, and someone whom we can trust with our mission. With that in mind, here are a few qualities that set exceptional candidates apart from the rest:
- You’re self-directed.
- You’re equally capable of developing strategy and executing operationally.
- You’re an impeccable communicator who can bring clarity and transparency to the boardroom and the back office.
- You’re able to collaborate and align stakeholders to ensure everyone is working toward our big picture goals.
About The Role
- Integral to the strategic planning process.
- Responsible for strategic financial planning, including tracking of financial and operational KPIs to drive company goals.
- Organize and manage company operations to ensure appropriate processes, systems and resources are in place to ensure success.
- Manage and report budget and accounting information including billing, collections, and tax information.
- Budget, forecast, and oversee current and future financing structures.
- Assess financial and operational risks and develop plans to mitigate them.
- Report to and work with the CEO on all financial matters and assist with reporting to the Board.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field.
- MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- 10+ years accounting experience in a managerial position.
- Demonstrated history of success in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Experience developing analysis driven pricing and channel strategies.
- Successful track record of capital formation and investor relations.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with exceptional time management and ability to problem solve under pressure.
Bonus Points For
- Experience in scaling rapid growth start-ups.
- A passion for driving change and empowering teams.
- A background in the in the tech industry.
We believe that diversity of thought and experience fuels innovation. In keeping with this belief, we do not discriminate on any basis. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Should you require any accommodation or have questions, please let us know.
While we welcome all applications, we will only respond directly to those who are short-listed for a role. Thanks in advance for your understanding and wishing you all the best in your career journey.
Blackpoint Cyber is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.