Updated: August 23, 2022
Blackpoint Holdings (“Blackpoint Cyber,” “Blackpoint,” “Our,” “We,” or “Us”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information collected by us through:
ii. The Blackpoint Partner Portal, SNAP-Defense, or other Blackpoint Products and Services (collectively referred to as the “Services”), and/or
iii. As part of our sales and marketing activities, whether by email, phone, or other means
This policy is intended to help you understand:
- What information we collect from you
- What information we collect automatically
- What information we collect from other sources
- How we use information we collect
- How we share information we collect
- How we store and secure information we collect
- How to access and control your information
- Other important privacy information
What Information We Collect from You
We collect information directly from you when you input it into our Services or otherwise provide it directly to us.
- Account and Profile Information: We collect information from you to create an account with our Services. Such information includes your name, email address, and password.
- Content you provide through our Service: The Services includes the Blackpoint products you use. Examples include additional contact phone numbers and email addresses to receive security threat alerts pertaining to the Services. We collect feedback you provide directly to us through the Services, and we collect clickstream data about how you interact with and use features in the Services.
- Otherwise Communicate with us: We may request, or you may otherwise voluntarily provide us with personal information such as your name, job title, business email, and phone number when you communicate with us by phone, email, completing a web form, interacting with us on social media or at events, requesting a demo, or participating in contests, promotions, sweepstakes, or activities.
- Payment Information: We collect payment and billing information when you register for Services. For example, we ask you to designate a billing contact with a name, contact information, and address. Payment card information is collected securely by our payment processing vendor. Please see “How we share information we collect” for more information on personal information processed by our payment processor.
What Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect information about you when you use our Websites and Services, including browsing our websites and taking certain actions within the Services.
- Your use of the Websites or Services: We keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with any of our Websites or Services. This information includes the features you use and the links you click on.
- Device and Connection Information: We collect information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the Websites or Services. This device information includes your connection type, your operating system, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages, and other device identifiers. How much of this information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Websites or Services.
- Network and Device Information/Identifiers: Some features of the Services require that you install our software on your electronic devices (e.g., SNAP-Defense agent) or create an API connection to your information system (e.g., Sophos, Cisco Meraki, Bitdefender, etc.). This software collects data from your IT environment to provide the Services you requested.
- Device Information: Including information on your operating system, MAC address, device or machine ID, and other device identifiers.
- Applications, Programs, and Files: Including information on the existence, characteristics, and behavior of your files and applications. Depending on the Services you subscribe to, a determination on the security status of your files may be collected from other security applications (e.g., 3rd party Anti-Virus), such as whether activity could be categorized as bad, good, suspicious, or unknown. Additionally, if Blackpoint suspects that a file or application is potentially malicious, we may collect copies of it for purposes of malware research and analysis.
- Network and Internet: Including IP addresses, URL requests, ports and protocols, applications, and files that attempt to access a network.
What Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may receive Personal Information about you from other Service users, non-affiliated services, social media platforms, public databases, and business or channel partners. We may combine this information with information we collected by other means described above to improve our records, create more personalized advertising, and suggest services that may be of interest to you.
- Other Service Users: Other users of the Service may provide information about you while using the Service. For example, we receive your email address from another Service user when they invite you to use the Service. Additionally, a Service user may provide us your contact information when they designate you as the billing or security incident contact.
- Other Parties: We receive information from other parties, such as our business partners, social media platforms, joint marketing and advertising partners, event sponsors, referrals, and other data providers. This may include your name, contact details, and information about your company.
How We Use the Information We Collect
How we use the information we collect depends in part on which Services you use, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you.
- Provide the Services: As a leading cybersecurity provider, we use information to stay ahead of threat actors. We use this information to:
- create your account,
- process billing and payment,
- provide customer support,
- distribute updates to Blackpoint Services,
- analyze and conduct research on how you use the Services to improve them,
- process your purchase of the Services,
- develop new products and services,
- protect you and others from security threats such as viruses, threat actors, and ransomware, and
- predict and protect against future IT security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Personalize the Services to:
- improve and manage our relationship with you,
- improve our Service so that content is presented in an appropriate manner for you and your device(s),
- measure the effectiveness of our advertising to you, and
- make suggestions and recommendations to you about our other Services.
- For Research and Development: We are always looking for ways to make our Services faster, integrated, secure, and useful. We use the information collected, including feedback, to:
- identify trends, user utilization, and activity patterns to improve the Service, and
- develop new products, features, and technologies that better our users and the security of the public.
We also may use the information collected to create aggregated, anonymized, pseudonymized, or de-identified data sets for use of any purpose, including product improvement and development, trend analysis, research, marketing, and other purposes.
- Communicate With You in Order to:
- respond to your requests for information,
- provide any co-managed Service such as threat alerts or incidents on your network,
- provide you with transactional updates and information about the Services, such as account or transaction information you conduct on the Service and subscription expiration,
- provide you with marketing materials to enable you to market and resell our Services,
- market or advertise to you by email, postal mail, phone or other means as permitted by applicable law,
- allow you to report a problem with the Service,
- provide information on changes to our Services, Terms, Conditions or Policies,
- provide you with information about other products and services similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about, and
- communicate with you about our events, surveys, contests, sweepstakes and other promotions.
- Secure our Services and Users: This is done by monitoring for, preventing, and detecting fraud. We also do so by verifying your identity, enforcing our policies, and continually improving the security of our Services.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention, Defending our Legal Rights, and Compliance with Law:
- To comply with any applicable procedure, law, or regulation where necessary, or to defend our legal rights where necessary for our legitimate interest or the legitimate interest of others
- To protect the rights, property, and safety of Blackpoint and our employees, customers, affiliates or subsidiaries, their customers or other third parties. This includes exchange information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud and network protection.
- Business Administration: For our general business operations and for other business administration purposes, including:
- authenticating your identity,
- maintaining our records,
- monitoring your compliance with your agreements with us,
- collecting debts owed to us,
- financing our business and safeguarding our business interests, and
- managing or transferring our assets or liabilities,
- e.g., in the case of an acquisition, disposition or merger, as described below.
- With Your Consent: We use information we collect where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or feature customer stories to promote the Services with your permission.
How We Share Your Information
We share information we collect about you in the ways discussed below. We may transfer your personal information to trusted third parties who assist us in administering our Website or Services in accordance with our instructions and required by law:
- When Conducting Business Operations: Such service providers include billing, payment processing, data analysis, and advertising. This is also necessary to provide customer support, e.g., allowing our support team to use third-party remote screensharing software that allows you to share your screen with us for troubleshooting purposes.
- When Providing the Services: To host, store, or back up our infrastructure, applications, and data held by us, including your personal information. For example, we share personal information with Infrastructure or Platform as a Service solutions providers that host the Services. Additionally, this is done to enable third parties whom we sublicense features or components for our Service.
- When Changing our Business Structure: In the event of a proposed or complete merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, financing, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of our assets, similar transactions or proceedings, or steps in contemplation of such activities, personal information held by us may be among the assets transferred to or shared with the buyer or acquirer.
- To Comply with Laws: We and our service providers in the U.S. or other jurisdictions may disclose your information to:
- comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements,
- (which may include lawful access by U.S. or foreign courts, law enforcement, or other government authorities)
- respond to lawful requests by public authorities, court order, or subpoena including to meet national security, law enforcement requirements, court orders, and legal processes.
- comply with applicable legal or regulatory requirements,
- Where conflicting legal or regulatory environments exist, the legal or regulatory environment for the country where the data is physically located will take precedence with consideration for other possible environments also being taken.
- To Protect Rights and Safety: We disclose information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding:
- illegal activities,
- suspected fraud,
- situations involving potential threats to the safety, rights, or property of any person (including Blackpoint’s),
- violations of our terms of service or other agreements we have with you or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
How We Store and Secure your Information
- Retention of Your Information: Blackpoint retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship, our contractual obligations to you, as required by applicable laws, or to identify or resolve legal issues or claims. For example, where you have made a request to us via our Website, we will keep a record of your request for the period necessary to ensure the adequate provision of services to you.
- Security of Your Information: Blackpoint uses reasonable security measures designed to safeguard your Personal Information. No system can be completely secure, however, and we do not guarantee that unauthorized disclosures and access will not happen.
- Where We Process Your Personal Information: The personal information we collect from you may be transferred, processed, and stored in different countries from where you access our Services. Your personal information is stored and processed in the U.S.A. and/or other countries where our affiliates, business partners, or service providers maintain facilities.
How to Access and Control your Information
Where required by law, such as those individuals in the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom (UK), you have the right to:
- Be provided with a copy of your Personal Information held by us;
- Request the rectification or erasure of your Personal Information held by us;
- Request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information;
- Object to the further processing of your Personal Information;
- Request that your provided Personal Information be moved to a third party.
Your right to withdraw consent: Where the processing of your Personal Information by us is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent without detriment at any time by contacting us. Information on how you can change your marketing preference is detailed in Promotional & Marketing Communication below.
You can exercise the rights listed above at any time by contacting the Data Protection Officer at [email protected]. Please note certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity when exercising these rights. To exercise these rights, you or your agent may be required to authenticate to your account or provide information contained in your account profile that is unique to the individual requesting authentication. Please ensure that you keep your profile information up to date and accurate so that we may verify your requests.
Your request and choices may be limited in certain cases. For example, if fulfilling your request would reveal information about another person, or if you ask to delete information which we or your administrator are permitted by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep. If your request of concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may contact your local data protection authority.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- When strictly necessary: These cookies are essential to operate the Services and features you have requested, such as remembering your logged in state.
- For functionality: These cookies remember choices you make such as search parameters and filters. We use these cookies to provide you with an experience more appropriate with your selections and to make the Service more tailored.
- Targeting cookies or Advertising cookies: These cookies collect information about your browsing habits to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. They remember the websites you have visited and share that information with other parties such as advertising technology service providers and advertisers.
- Social media cookies: These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or engage with our content on or through a social media site. The social network will record that you have done this. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
How can you opt-out?
- Cookie Control: Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can set your browser option so that you will not receive cookies and you can also delete existing cookies from your browser. Each browser is different in how this is performed and making these changes is your responsibility. However, you may find that some parts of the Services will not function properly if you have refused cookies or similar tracking technologies. Disabling cookies or similar tracking technologies may prevent you from accessing some of our content. You will not be able to opt-out of any cookies or other technologies that are strictly necessary for the Services.
- Advertising Cookies: Users may use advertising industry opt-out tools to opt out of certain advertising networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
- Other Tracking: We and our service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
- Send “Do Not Track” Signals: Blackpoint Websites and Services do not recognize the “do not track signals” that some browsers may employ.
Blackpoint does not knowingly collect any Personal Data from children under 13 years old. If a child under 13 has provided Blackpoint with Personal Information, the parent or guardian of that child should contact Blackpoint immediately at [email protected] to delete this Personal Information.
Our Services may contain links to non-affiliated websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those non-affiliated websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such websites.
Promotional & Marketing Communication
Where permitted in our legitimate interest or with your prior consent where required by law, we will use your personal information collected in the context of our Website or in offering our Services for marketing analysis and to provide you with promotional update communications by email about our Services.
You can object to further email marketing at any time by updating your communication preferences by clicking the “Manage Subscription” link at the end of all our marketing and promotional email communications to you, or by sending us an email to [email protected].
(European Union) EU Citizens and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR makes a distinction between organizations that determine the purpose and means of processing personal information (known as Data Controllers) and organizations that process personal information on the behalf of others (known as Data Processors). Blackpoint operates as a Data Controller in very limited circumstances.
For all other personal information, we act as a Data Processor. As a Data Subject Owner, you may contact the Data Controller to learn about their processing of your personal information and to exercise your rights.
How to Contact Us
How to Contact Us
Blackpoint Holdings, LLC
6031 University Boulevard, Ste 230
Ellicott City, MD, 21043
Terms and Conditions
Effective Date: August 3, 2020
These terms and conditions and all other legal documents incorporated by reference (collectively, the “Terms”) are a legal contract between “you” and Blackpoint Holdings LLC dba Blackpoint Cyber (collectively “Blackpoint,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) with respect to access to and use of our associated internet properties (including without limitation https://blackpointcyber.com) as linked and offered by us, our subsidiaries and/or affiliated companies, and any software that we provide to you for download in your devices (each an “application”) (all of these collectively, the “Site”).
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY – THESE TERMS GOVERN YOUR USE OF THIS SITE. BY ACCESSING, VIEWING, BROWSING, VISITING OR USING THIS SITE YOU ACCEPT AND AGREE TO BE BOUND, WITHOUT LIMITATION OR QUALIFICATION, BY THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT ANY OF THESE TERMS, PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS SITE. BLACKPOINT MAY, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, MODIFY OR REVISE THESE TERMS AT ANY TIME BY UPDATING THIS DOCUMENT. YOU ARE BOUND BY ANY SUCH MODIFICATION OR REVISION AND SHOULD THEREFORE VISIT THIS PAGE PERIODICALLY TO REVIEW THESE TERMS. IF ANY MODIFICATION IS NOT ACCEPTABLE TO YOU, YOUR SOLE REMEDY AND RECOURSE IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THIS SITE.
Subject to these Terms, we authorize you to view and download the information and other materials at or through this Site only for your personal, non-commercial use provided that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials on any copies of the materials. You may not, without the prior written permission of Blackpoint, “mirror” any material contained on this Site on any other server.
The Site may allow certain registered users to access additional services, which are subject to any additional terms applicable to such portal(s) or services and which are hereby incorporated by reference if you access and/or contract such additional services (“Additional Terms”). In the event of any conflict between these Terms and the Additional Terms, the Additional Terms will prevail. In cases where the Additional Terms do not address specific provisions that are included in these Terms, these Terms will apply, supplementing such Additional Terms.
We reserve the right to terminate or modify the Site in whole or in part, in any manner in our sole discretion, without notice. We will not be liable if, for any reason, all or any part of the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to all or part of the Site to a subset of permitted users. You are solely responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to access the Site.
You acknowledge and agree that the content displayed on or through this Site, including without limitation all information, data, text, software, photographs, graphics, video, or other materials (the “Content”) is copyrighted by us or our licensors under United States of America and international copyright laws. The Content may not be copied, modified, reproduced, republished, posted, transmitted, sold, offered for sale, or redistributed in any way without our prior written permission. You must abide by all copyright notices, information, or restrictions contained in or attached to any Content, including the Site itself. Copyright © 2020 Blackpoint Cyber. All rights reserved.
The Blackpoint logo and certain other words and logos displayed on this Site and which may or may not be designated on this Site by a “TM” “®” “SM” or other similar designation, constitute trademarks, trade names, or service marks (collectively, “Marks”) of Blackpoint or other entities. You are not authorized to use any such Marks without our prior written consent. Ownership of all such Marks and the goodwill associated therewith remains with us or our respective licensors.
Nothing contained on this Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use this Site or any information displayed on this Site, through the use of framing, deep linking or otherwise, except: (a) as expressly permitted by these Terms; or (b) with prior written permission from us.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE OR THE CONTENT SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE DISCRETION AND RISK. THIS SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS-AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BLACKPOINT DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY OR THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION AND/OR DATA ACCURACY. NO WARRANTY IS MADE BY BLACKPOINT ON THE BASIS OF TRADE USAGE OR COURSE OF DEALING. BLACKPOINT MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THIS SITE OR THE CONTENT OR ABOUT THE RESULTS TO BE OBTAINED FROM USING THIS SITE OR THE CONTENT.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL BLACKPOINT OR ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR THE CONTENT INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, RELIANCE BY A USER ON ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED AT THIS SITE.
When using the Site you agree not to (as applicable):
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Use racially, ethnically, hateful, misogynist, or otherwise offensive language.
- Discuss or incite illegal activity.
- Use explicit/obscene language or solicit/post sexually explicit images (actual or simulated).
- Post anything that exploits children or minors or that depicts cruelty to animals.
- Post any copyrighted or trademarked materials without the express permission from the owner.
- Disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, ‘junk mail’, ‘spam’, ‘chain letters’, ‘pyramid schemes’, or any other form of such solicitation.
- Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site.
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- Alter the opinions or comments posted by others on the Site.
- Post anything clearly false or misleading.
- Post anything unrelated to our business, products or services.
- Post anything contrary to our public image, goodwill or reputation, provided that the foregoing will not apply to you if applicable law prohibits such limitations and restrictions.
This list of prohibitions provides examples and is not complete or exclusive. Blackpoint reserves the right terminate access to and/or use of the Site with or without cause and with or without notice, for any reason or no reason, or for any action that Blackpoint determines is inappropriate or disruptive to the Site or to any other user of the Site. Blackpoint may report to law enforcement authorities any actions that may be illegal, and any reports it receives of such conduct. When legally required or at Blackpoint’s discretion, Blackpoint will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged illegal activity on the Site or on the Internet.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Blackpoint, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of this Site or the Content or your breach of any representations, warranties, covenants or obligations contained in these Terms.
Links to Other Sites
In no event shall any reference to any third party or third-party product or service be construed as our approval or endorsement of that third party or of any product or service provided by a third party.
California Consumer Notice
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users are entitled to the following consumer rights notice: This Site is provided by Blackpoint Holdings LLC, 6031 University Blvd, Suite 230, Ellicott City, MD 21043, United States of America. If You have a question or complaint regarding the Site, please contact Customer Service at [email protected]. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by post at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834 or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210 or Hearing Impaired at TDD (800) 326-2297 or TDD (916) 322-1700.
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland, USA, excluding its conflicts of laws principles. Foreign laws do not apply. The United Nations on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and any laws based on the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act (UCITA) shall not apply to these Terms. If any dispute relating in any way to these Terms or your use of this Site shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in Maryland, USA, except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate our intellectual property rights, we may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in Maryland, USA and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. Arbitration under these Terms shall be conducted under the rules then prevailing of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator’s award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under these Terms shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to these Terms, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
The failure to require performance of any provision shall not affect our right to require performance at any time thereafter, nor shall a waiver of any breach or default of these Terms constitute a waiver of any subsequent breach or default or a waiver of the provision itself. If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, such portion will be modified to reflect the parties’ intention and only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable, and the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect. These Terms together with any Additional Terms, policies and any other legal documents incorporated by reference constitute the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between you and us regarding this subject matter and supersede any and all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, written and oral.
Blackpoint Cyber HQ
6031 University Blvd.
Ellicott City, MD 21043