Full-Time - Ellicott City, MD
Seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and passionate Senior Sales Security Engineer who will work alongside our Sales and Engineering teams to deliver tailored security solutions for our customers.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in developing and fostering a productive and close working relationship with our customers and partners alike. Travel will be required as needed to support the sales and implementation process.
Candidate must be proficient in offensive cyber techniques/tactics in order to best serve our customers with our defensive solutions.
Lastly, the ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of competing cyber defense solutions in order to present Blackpoint’s technical advantages to prospective customers.
- Full-time Position
- Competitive Salary
- No Security Clearance Required
- Health Care
- Retirement Plan
- Work Side-by-side with Previous US Government Cyber Operators
- Prior pre-sales experience in one or more of the following: Endpoint detection and response (EDR), SIEM, Threat Hunting, MDR, IDS/IPS, or pen testing.
- Familiarity with cyber security frameworks such as NIST 800-171, PCI-DSS and others as it relates to customer requirements during the sales process.
- Existing knowledge of cyber exploitation techniques, tradecraft, tools and defensive mitigation strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to present effectively in front of large groups, both technically and non-technically oriented
- Ability to understand business problems of C-level executives; discuss these problems and present & prepare solutions
- Ability and willingness to work individually as well as with a team.
- Experience supporting pre-sales and post-sales implementation in addition to working with the sales and engineering teams.
- Experience with enterprise network design, software deployment, and deployment of cloud-based endpoint security solutions.
- Build & foster relationships with partners and customers
- Maintain expertise on all company products and services as well as competitive security offerings
- Lead technical portion of Proof of Concept (POC) pre-sales engagements which includes installation, configuration, and training
- Perform attack surface vulnerability assessments as part of the sales process
- Articulate and demonstrate Blackpoint’s cyber security product and managed detection and response service both to technical customers as well as C-Suite executives when needed
- Assist sales team in determining if Blackpoint’s solutions are a fit for customers technical requirements
- Deliver technical and sales presentations at trade shows, speaking engagements, and marketing events
- Understand Windows Domain administration knowledge and techniques leveraged by hackers to exploit and laterally spread throughout Windows Domain environments
Blackpoint Cyber is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.